- Einride strikes deal to add 500 Tesla Semis to its fleet
- Labour MP suspended as party launches investigation into Covid loans
- The ultra rich are collecting fossils, and that’s bad for science – podcast | Science
- County cricket: Leicestershire and Middlesex reach One-Day Cup final | One-Day Cup
- Kanye West announces tour dates in Russia
- #OsunDecides2026: More voters, wider win margin for Adeleke, other insights from election results
- CP Hails Philanthropist for Gwale Di
- Hayden Panettiere: Ex Wladimir Klitschko says family is in ‘profound shock and grief’
Author: damazah@gmail.com
*Military moves to regain control Linus Aleke in Abuja The Defence Headquarters (DHQ) has raised the alarm over what it described as a compromise of its X account, urging the public to beware of information disseminated through the account. According to a statement by the Director of Defence Information, Major General Samaila Uba, the incident is currently being treated as a cybersecurity matter, and appropriate technical measures have been activated to secure the account and prevent further unauthorised access. “The Defence Headquarters assures the public that efforts are ongoing to fully restore control of the official account. Consequently, members of…
VisionQuest trailer kicks off Disney’s D23 fan event – Ars Technica Ahsoka</em> S2 teaser, Doomsday</em> trailer, news about MCU’s X-Men</em> and Star Wars: The Last Starfighter</em>”,”image_url”:”https://cdn.arstechnica.net/wp-content/uploads/2026/08/visionquest2-500×500-1786802484.jpg”,”listing_image_url”:”https://cdn.arstechnica.net/wp-content/uploads/2026/08/visionquest2-768×432.jpg”}”> Skip to content Also: Ahsoka S2 teaser, Doomsday trailer, news about MCU’s X-Men and Star Wars: The Last Starfighter It was a busy first day at D23: The Ultimate Disney Fan Event, in Anaheim, California, with Marvel Studios releasing the first trailer for VisionQuest. We also got the first teaser for Ahsoka S2; the public release of the Avengers: Doomsday special footage featured last month for attendees only at San Diego Comic-Con; a special…
“I’d describe it as a magical eeriness.” Lisa Redfern’s description to the Guardian conveys the combination of beauty and wrongness that accompanied Wednesday’s partial solar eclipse in Britain. Crowds across the country assembled as the sun’s power seemed to wane, twilight changed tone abruptly, the temperature fell and the familiar landscape took on an unnatural appearance. In a divided world, there is comfort in coming together in awe. Ms Redfern, speaking from Cornwall, was right that Britons “may not see another one. We have to make the most of these moments.” The country has to wait 55 years for another…
Key eventsSean Ingle’s report from Birmingham will be coming up shortly.ShareGold for Mahuchikh in the women’s high jumpA third consecutive European title for Yaroslava Mahuchikh of Ukraine.Poland’s Maria Zodzik wins silver, Montenegro’s Marija Vukovic bronze.Yaroslava Mahuchikh. Photograph: Julian Finney/Getty ImagesAndy Diaz of Italy, meanwhile, took the men’s triple jump, with an effort of 18.15m. Pedro Pichardo of Portugal takes silver with 17.76m, Italy’s Andrea Dallavalle’s claims bronze with 17.37m.Andy Diaz. Photograph: Dylan Martinez/ReutersShareUpdated at 23.32 CESTVia the BBC, from analyst Jessica Ennis Hill, on those 4×100 relay victories for Great Britain: “A really unique moment, as we often have a situation…
Grammy-winning music superstar Ayodeji Balogun, popularly known as Wizkid, will headline the opening night of Detty December Fest 2026, the organisers have announced. According to Livespot360, Wizkid will take the stage on Dec.18, marking the beginning of the 13-day festival of music, culture, food, fashion and entertainment in Lagos, which will run until Dec. 30. The organisers said a second performance stage would be introduced this year as part of an expanded programme for the annual music fiesta. “Wizkid will headline the main Festival Stage, while the newly introduced Pulse Stage will provide a platform for emerging artists, new sounds…
For many Nigerians, the dream of a better life abroad has become so compelling that they are willing to risk everything to pursue it, sometimes through dangerous and irregular routes. But behind the images of success often shared on social media lie stories of exploitation, trafficking, trauma, debt and, tragically, death. In this interview with Michael Olugbode, International Organisation for Migration’s Chief of Mission in Nigeria, Ms. Dimanche Sharon, warns Nigerians against gambling with their lives, urging them to pursue opportunities abroad only through safe, orderly and regular migration pathways I rregular migration is often discussed in terms of numbers and statistics.…
Published On 15 Aug 202615 Aug 2026Qatar’s Foreign Ministry has denied Iran’s claims that three Iranian pilots are being held in secret detention following the downing of their aircraft during hostilities earlier this year.A ministry spokesman expressed surprise on Saturday at “misleading statements” from Iranian officials and reaffirmed that Qatari forces are not holding any surviving aircrew.Recommended Stories list of 3 itemsend of list“We are surprised by the misleading statements regarding the Iranian pilots amid the continuation of diplomatic efforts,” said Qatar’s Foreign Ministry spokesman, Majed Al-Ansari, according to our colleagues at Al Jazeera Arabic.His statement followed public demands from…
Governor Alex Otti of Abia State had said he is not opposed to the Enyimba Economic City project. He, however, insists that all the processes surrounding the development must be transparent and properly executed. Mr Otti disclosed this on Thursday when members of the reconstituted Board of the Enyimba Economic City Development Company paid him a courtesy visit in Nvosi, Isiala Ngwa South Local Government Area of Abia. He said that his administration remained pro-business and committed to supporting investments that complied with due process and protected the interests of the state and its people. “So I’m not against any…
Secondhand booksellers in the UK and Ireland are reporting a flurry of bulk orders from mystery buyers, amid speculation AI companies are acquiring the tomes for their data.Bookshops contacted by the Guardian say they have been receiving orders from buyers in the US, Canada, continental Europe and the UK. The increase has been replicated around the world, with booksellers in the US, Australia and Europe also reporting unusual orders.Stuart Manley, the co-owner of Barter Books in Alnwick, Northumberland, said the orders, which began arriving three months ago, were unusual because they did not follow the typical pattern of being grouped…
Westminster council is making it “impossible” for soup kitchens to operate by complaining about the “crowds of vulnerable people” who turn up to be fed, a charity has said.Steven Stuart, who founded Friends of Essex & London Homeless (FOELH) with his wife, Cheryl, a decade ago, said constant complaints from the council could force the soup kitchen to shut down.The council is also facing a licensing battle with the London mayor, Sadiq Khan, who has objected to its restrictive new draft policy that would ban new bars and pubs from opening in Soho and the West End. The council also…