- One Nation MP concedes party’s migration target ‘not too different’ from Labor’s once rural workforce included | Australian politics
- Swedish sword attack victim was 17-year-old girl, police say
- Nvidia customers reportedly warned about AI-related price hikes
- Three Conservative London boroughs challenge PM on council tax hikes
- Touch and pain shape what brain imaging sees | Science
- Inside Gusau’s ‘rotten’ NFF, by Patrick Omorodion
- London prepares for ultimate cultural feast at ilaje day 2026
- Sydney Marathon admits ‘unfortunate error’ as finisher’s medal depicts Munich stadium as race highlight | Sydney
Author: damazah@gmail.com
Zainab Sodiq, the journalist whose detention by the State Security Service (SSS), also known as DSS, sparked criticism from rights groups and press freedom advocates, has regained her freedom after days in the agency’s custody. Activist and presidential candidate Omoyele Sowore announced her release on Friday, attributing it to sustained pressure from Nigerians, civil society groups and lawyers who demanded her freedom. “We have good news! Ms Zainab Sadiq is finally free from the grip of repression,” Mr Sowore wrote in a Facebook post, thanking human rights lawyer Femi Falana, a Senior Advocate of Nigeria (SAN), the President of International…
Ohtani will not pitch Friday night vs. the Diamondbacks but will be in the lineup at DH Jul 10, 2026 at 4:21 pm ET • 1 min read Los Angeles Dodgers two-way superstar Shohei Ohtani will miss the upcoming All-Star Game in Philadelphia because of ongoing discomfort in his left knee, the club announced on Friday. Ohtani, who was the National League’s leading vote-getter and the fans’ choice at designated hitter, was also a candidate to pitch for the NL on Tuesday. Instead, he’ll miss his scheduled Friday night start against the Arizona Diamondbacks but will remain in the lineup at…
A social media personality, Abiodun Ademola, popularly known as DJ Chicken, appeared before an Ikeja Magistrates’ Court on Friday over alleged threats to kill Seyi Tinubu. The 37-year-old, of Tafodi Estate, Royal Park, Lekki, Lagos, faces a three-count charge of threat to life, offensive online publication and conduct likely to breach peace. The prosecution, led by SP Okunuga, Officer-in-Charge, Legal, Command Headquarters, Ikeja, alleged the offences occurred on July 5 at about 9:00 a.m. in Lekki, Lagos. According to the charge, Ademola allegedly posted a video on his Facebook and Instagram accounts, @djchicken, threatening to kill Seyi Tinubu. The prosecution…
NewsFeedEgypt’s squad has returned home to a hero’s welcome following their controversial exit from the World Cup. Hundreds of fans followed the open-top bus parade as coach Hossam Hassan waved a Palestinian flag.Published On 10 Jul 202610 Jul 2026Click here to share on social mediashare-nodesSharegoogleAdd Al Jazeera on Googleinfo
Adedayo Akinwale in Abuja Ahead of the 2027 general election, the All Progressives Congress (APC) Friday unveiled Vice President Kashim Shettima as President Bola Tinubu’s running mate. Before now, there had been speculations in some quarters that President Tinubu might likely consider choosing another running mate, possibly a Christian from the North. THISDAY checks revealed that while those around the President tried to convince him to drop Shettima, the President maintained his preference for the Muslim-Muslim ticket that generated a lot of controversy prior to the 2015 elections. Recall that the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) had set Saturday 11th…
Ebere Nwoji The National Health Insurance Authority (NHIA), said Nigeria has made significant progress in its efforts to achieve Universal Health Insurance Coverage (UHC), revealing that health insurance enrolment has risen to over 22 million. The development, NHIA said, showed improved acceleration in the implementation of mandatory health insurance across the country. Speaking at the Annual General Meeting of the Nigerian Association of Insurance and Pension Editors (NAIPE) in Lagos, the Director-General of NHIA, Dr. Kelechi Ohiri, said the Authority had moved beyond policy formulation to delivering measurable improvements in healthcare access, service quality and consumer protection, in line with the Federal Government’s…
OPay reaffirmed its position as one of Nigeria’s leading fintech companies at the Digital PayExpo 2026, where it served as the Headline Sponsor of the two-day industry event held on 17 & 18 June 2026 at the Landmark Event Centre, Lagos. Through thought leadership, industry dialogue and interactive customer engagement, OPay demonstrated how responsible innovation and Artificial Intelligence (AI) can help build a more connected, inclusive and trusted digital economy across Africa. The event brought together regulators, financial institutions, fintech leaders, technology experts and industry stakeholders to discuss the future of digital payments and financial services. On the first day…
The question of who funds politicians and political parties – and why they want to give money to get people elected – is an extremely heated one. In principle, UK voters can support their chosen politicians through donations or benefits, as long as those candidates and their parties keep within spending limits during an election period, which is designed to stop powerful interests from influencing the result.However, recent years have seen the rise of mega-donors giving vast sums to political parties, leading to calls for a new cap on the amount one individual or company can donate in a year.…
When pieces of mysterious space debris washed up on the beach at her sleepy coastal community in north Queensland, Lisa Scobie’s first thoughts were about making sure everyone was safe.But days later the local takeaway shop owner had settled on another reaction to what had become international news.“We created a special menu item, the Space Junk Snackbox, and we advertised that with an alien, who was my husband, just as a bit of a laugh,” she says.“We actually said that we had the space junk at the front of the shop and put an AI picture up on the front…
Novak Djokovic’s pursuit for a record 25th Grand Slam title is put to an end by defending champion Jannik Sinner, whose straight-set win sets up a meeting with Alexander Zverev in the final of Wimbledon 2026.READ MORE: Superb Sinner ends Djokovic’s latest bid for historyAvailable to UK users only.